- The Grill / The Pool
- $43,590.00 -77,040.00/year*
212 E 55th St
Please note: This opportunity is based out of Major Food Group's 375 Park properties, which includes The Grill, The Pool, and the Lobster Club
- Leading a team of Porters, Polishers & Dishwashers to ensure the cleanliness of the kitchen and all other areas
- Ensures that storage areas, hallways, and employee restrooms are kept clean and organized
- Ensures the team has the necessary equipment and supplies to do their job
- Supports FOH & BOH teams with furniture moves, various cleanliness and Operations initiatives whenever necessary
- Coach staff on best practices and provide disciplinary action (when necessary)
- Assist in controlling cleaning and chemical supply usage and associated spend
- Interviews, hires, trains and develops new team members according to MFG standards
- Work with other Facilities Team members to develop and implement training & development strategies
- Managing weekly scheduling and associated labor costs
- Work with dishwashing machine vendor, pest control vendor, and other relevant Facilities vendors as needed
- 2+ years minimum of previous experience as a Steward, Lead Steward, Executive Steward, Lead Porter, Porter Supervisor or Kitchen Manager preferred
- Ability to work an evening schedule from 5pm - 1am schedule. Some weekends and holidays will be required
- Positive attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Sense of urgency
- Strong people skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and think quickly on your feet
- Ability to take direction and communicate effectively (Spanish speakers preferred)
We offer competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, TransitChek discount, Referral Rewards program, a generous dining program, and progressive paid time off. We offer many opportunities for growth and development for those who show long-term commitment to their role and MFG.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Major Food Group considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Major Food Group is an equal opportunity employer.
More detail about THE GRILL / THE POOL part of Major Food Group, please visit
Associated topics: coordinator, director, facilities, housing assistant, lead, manager ii, manager iv, office manager, operations manager, supervise
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...