5. Provide guidance and training support to a variety of accounting clerks.
6. Reconcile moderately complex accounts, researching and resolving outages.
7. Provide information to other areas of the company.
8. Process and distribute reports as necessary and effectively communicate appropriate information to supervisor.
9. Work with internal departments, as well as outside agencies, on accounting issues.
10. Maintain files on problem accounts.
11. Provide backup support as directed by supervisor.
Associate degree preferred
1-2 years of accounting experience, reconciling experience, analytical experience
**COMPETENCIES - SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:**
1. Business Math
2. Flexibility and Adaptability
3. Problem Solving
4. Oral communications
5. Written communications
6. Accuracy/Attention to Detail
7. Managing Multiple Priorities
8. Working with MS Office
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.
**Job ID** _2019-8216_
**\\# of Openings** _1_
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.