- National Basketball Association
- $105,090.00 -169,860.00/year*
Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
212 E 55th St
At the NBA, we're passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league's on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world's most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA's success.
With the growing business in Latin America, we are developing the infrastructure for Finance in the region. This position will serve as a liaison between the Latin America business teams in three regional offices (Brazil, Mexico, and New York) and the central finance teams for all matters related to accounts payable, accounts receivable, corporate expense reports, and other financial operational needs. This is a key role designing and implementing workflows and interacting with multiple departments both in finance and business teams.
* Partner with the Latin America FP&A and International Accounting teams on developing financial processes and controls for the region, identifying risks and opportunities, and participating in monthly financial analysis.
* Support the accounts payable process by collecting invoice payment approvals, processing invoicing paperwork, completing necessary forms for wire transfers and new vendors, and working with the International Accounting team to follow through the process from start to end of payment.
* Work with the accounts receivable department on all invoicing and collections matters for the region, preparing billing reports, following up on aging reports, running collections calls with various business teams, communicating with the international tax team on billing matters, and following up on overdue balances with partners.
* Serve as the main point of contact for Latin America on all matters related to corporate cards, collaborating with the NBA Corporate Card Program Lead and central Procurement team; review policies for Latin America, process expense reports for payment, and communicate with Treasury on bank credit limits.
* Collaborate with the Treasury department on various matters for the region such as cash flow projections and banking relationship management.
* Create and maintain reference documents, various databases, and other reports to support the business.
* Opportunity to be involved in financial systems rollout in the region and other ad hoc projects as needed.
* A minimum of 4 years of work experience Highly motivated and eager to learn and work in a fast-paced environment
* A self-starter who enjoys critical thinking, solving problems, and implementing change
* Ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders and maintain relationships
* Excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects
* Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational and analytical skills
* Thrives in a fast-growing team and entrepreneurial environment
* Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word) Working knowledge of SAP or other financial management systems
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, or Economics
* Spanish and/or Portuguese speaker required
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...