- Maxwell Hotel
- $90,650.00 -130,870.00/year*
212 E 55th St
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has an expanding presence in key European markets through properties in London, Paris, Barcelona, Vienna and Prague. Highgate's portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry's most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle. Location
Formerly known as the W New York, this 697-room hotel has been rebranded as The Maxwell, an independent lifestyle hotel located in the heart of Midtown Manhattan along the infamous Lexington Avenue. The Maxwell's Beyond Effortless service captures the indefinable essence of New York City, and provides an approachable, unique, and utterly memorable guest experience .Employment Status
The Engineering Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the engineering department. In the absence of the Director, the Engineering Manager will assume the administrative, financial and operating aspects of the hotel as they relate to engineering. Responsibilities
- Assist in developing and implementing plans to maintain property, equipment, grounds and other assets in a safe and acceptable state of repair.
- Ensure the hotel is in compliance with all local, state and federal laws.
- Supervise and train all Engineering staff in Customer Service, Empowerment, Standard Operating Procedures.
- Create and post all Engineering staffs schedules.
- Create and adhere to annual budget for department.
- Assist in developing financial forecasts and actively participate in monthly profit/loss review meetings.
- Create and implement preventative maintenance program for all hotel equipment.
- Ensure all emergency and life safety equipment and systems are inspected, tested and certified per Highgate Hotel standards.
- Actively participate in energy conservation programs.
- Review all guest and meeting planner comment cards to ensure problems are identified and corrected in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Assist with the administration of all vendor contracts controlled by the engineering department.
- Ensure that room maintenance requests are handled in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Follow up on all alarms immediately to determine the exact location and cause. Determine emergency status and report findings to Front Desk. Take immediate action as necessary.
- Assist as necessary with special projects and renovations.
- Support and participate in all Highgate Hotel programs.
- Lead and/or participate in Highgate Hotel Safety Committee.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- Preferred supervisory or lead mechanic experience in a related field; or a technical certificate.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Loading some great jobs for you...