Felidia is owned by famed Chef Lidia Bastianich. Lidia is an Emmy award-winning television host, best-selling cookbook author, and restaurateur.
The Sommelier s job description is to assist the front of house team in all aspects of the wine program which reflects the wine philosophy and guidelines of the restaurant concept. The Sommelier s job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work service shifts assisting guests with wine selections as well as assisting the service staff with wine service
- Participate and assist in creating and successfully implementing a wine training and education programs which instill complete working knowledge and understanding of the wine program for the staff
- Assist service staff in all aspects of service including taking food orders, answering guest queries, helping run food and drink to tables.
- Assisting in all aspects of beverage inventory including ordering, receiving, organization, maintenance, counting and reporting
- Work closely with GM to manage wine costs
- Communicate effectively with management and all staff to ensure great guest service and hospitality.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or owner
-Strong Italian wine knowledge is a must.
The Sommelier must be self-motivated, driven, inspiring and hospitality driven. They must also have keen people and business skills which include communication skills, motivation skills, leadership skills, problem solving skills, organizational skills, and business skills. As important is the ability to maintain a positive team-oriented and supportive attitude.
Come and join a great team! Check us out: www.felidia-nyc.com
Loading some great jobs for you...