CareerStaff Travel Nursing is looking for highly skilled ICU nurses for Lincoln, NE. The critical care nurse is in charge of providing care to critically ill patients. The intensive care unit or emergency department usually houses these types of patients. Some critical care nurses find employment in other settings such as cardiac care units, telemetry units, recovery rooms, nursing homes and outpatient surgery centers. A critical care nurse must be able to learn and implement the latest medical technologies and perform evaluations of test results to provide the best possible care. A strong working knowledge of life support machines, cardiac monitoring systems and other life preserving medical equipment is essential for a critical care nurse.
This medical center provide highly specialized care to promote recovery from the most critical and complex medical and surgical conditions. They treat patients who usually have multiple system failure and are commonly on ventilator support. Because their patients require a longer stay and a more resource-intensive level of care, this facility offers a unique setting for professional development and engagement.
Go Huskers! Lincoln is home to the University of Nebraska, and the city ranks among the Top 100 Best Places to Live in America. The Midwestern community appeals to young professionals thanks to city leaders paying attention to details such as trendy shopping, nightlife, downtown housing options, multiple trails and recreational opportunities. Lincoln has the most parkland per capita in the United States, and festivals and attractions give residents plenty to do. Residents also have access to good public schools, top healthcare and highly rated restaurants.
JOB REQUIREMENTS FOR THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - ICU
1. 2 Year(s) of current ICU Experience
2. BLS/ACLS issued through American Heart Association
3. Must be eligible to work in the United States
4. Nebraska or Compact State RN License
CAREERSTAFF TRAVEL NURSING
1. Immediate openings
2. Professional recruiters working to place you on the best assignments available nationwide
3. Dedicated internal support staff to ensure your needs are quickly met
4. Competitive Compensation Package
5. Paid company housing or generous housing stipend
6. Travel and licensing reimbursements
7. Pets are welcome
8. Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
9. Referral Bonuses Associated topics: ambulatory, bsn, cardiothoracic, domiciliary, intensive care, mhb, nurse clinical, nurse rn, registed, surgery
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.